Aviation Accident Attorneys in Austin
Understanding the Impact of Aviation Accidents
Though they are generally considered rare, aviation accidents do occur. For the individuals involved and/or their families, they are terrifying and the impact can be catastrophic. Loss of life, severe bodily injury, emotional distress, and property damage are just a few of the life-altering consequences of most airplane accidents.
Through aggressive and tireless work, our firm has secured numerous settlements for victims of aviation negligence, including a substantial settlement for a life-changing injury on the plane during an international flight.
At Howry Breen & Herman, we understand the difficult time you and your family are going through. We have prosecuted numerous aviation-related accidents, from crashes of small private planes and helicopters to injuries and death on major airlines. Our Austin aviation accident attorneys can help you understand your legal options and take action against the negligent parties.
Learn more about filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim when you call our office at (512) 430-4844 for a free consultation.
Proving Negligence in Aviation Accidents
Most airplane accidents are directly or indirectly caused by negligence. In fact, a study by Boeing revealed that around 80% of commercial aviation accidents were caused by human error. The other 20% were caused by equipment failure.
Some of the leading causes of fatal aviation accidents include:
- Loss of control over the aircraft
- Controlled flight into terrain
- Problems during approach and landing
- Issues with automation
- System component failures
- Mechanical failure in-flight
While human error is the most common cause of aviation accidents, pilots, air traffic controllers, and other professional individuals are not always at fault. If an airline company fails to conduct proper or sufficient maintenance on an aircraft, they may be liable for any accidents that occur. Improper pilot training, failure to conduct background checks, faulty parts, defective aircraft design, and a myriad of other issues can also point to an airline company or aircraft manufacturer’s liability.
Why Hire an Aviation Accident Attorney?
Aviation accident cases are generally very complex. There might be any number of liable parties involved and often, the liable party is a large, powerful airline company or manufacturer. Some or all of the defendants act quickly to cover their tracks. Additionally, determining the true cause of an airplane accident can be very difficult. Having an experienced aviation accident attorney on your side is crucial. At Howry, Breen & Herman, we have years of experience handling these types of complicated claims. Our team works with reconstruction experts and industry specialists to determine the cause of an airplane, jet, or helicopter accident and win compensation from those responsible.
We handle aviation accident cases involving:
- Commercial airplanes
- Private jets and aircraft
Our Austin airplane accident lawyers have helped injured individuals and the families of people who were killed or injured in serious aviation accidents. We understand that financial compensation cannot negate the suffering you experienced; however, it can help ease the financial burdens associated with the accident and thereby help you begin the process of moving forward. Our team is prepared to use our decades of litigation experience to help you fight for the full, fair recovery you are owed.
Contact Howry Breen & Herman to schedule your complimentary case evaluation. We can be reached online or by phone at (512) 430-4844.